Press Brake Operator:
Dodge City, KS 67801
Reports to: Shop Foreman / Plant Manager
Job Summary: Incumbent operates press brake to produce formed parts including programming of the press brake computer.
- Set up press using manual and automatic settings to complete the forming of parts.
- Read and interpret blueprints, work orders, and BOM's to form per specifications.
- Examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications and maintain consistent production quality of no more than 1 degree variance on bends.
- Operate and maintain hand and power tools in a safe manner, troubleshoot equipment problems and make minor repairs to press brake..
- Position and secure work piece, using hoist, crane, or hand tools.
- Operate forklift, tractor and overhead cranes as necessary.
- Proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Perform routine safety inspections of equipment and notify supervisor of any problems.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and PPE requirements, follow safety procedures when lifting, pushing, or pulling material and attend all required safety training.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Good general mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic hand tools.
- Working knowledge of machines and understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Must be able to perform basic normal math calculations easily.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, shop orders, BOM, timesheets, and written instructions.
- Must furnish own hand tools.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. The individual is also required to talk and listen. The individual is frequently required to stand, bend, crouch, walk carrying tools and material, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance. The individual must be able to frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 75 - 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The individual is often exposed to fumes, arc flash, moving mechanical parts,
and related potential hazards. The job is performed in an area with exposure to hot and cold weather conditions and a noise level of moderate to loud.
Education / Experience: High school diploma or equivalent GED. Vocational school training or equivalent experience.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Roto-Mix LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer